The present Dunbar Parish Church was built on the site of the old Collegiate Church which was used for the last time on Sunday, 7th March 1819 and thereafter demolished.

A local historian described the Collegiate Church in the following manner:

“This venerable fabric had all the appearance of being the workmanship of different ages. It was built in the form of a cross, measuring one hundred and twenty feet in length, while it was only from twenty to twenty five feet broad, the transept or cross-aisle measuring eighty three feet.” (Miller, History of Dunbar).

Other pages in this section: