There has been much conjecture that the West Wall of the Chapel was deliberately left unfinished in order to mimic ‘the ruin of Herod’s Temple that the Knights Templar first entered in their exploration of Jerusalem in AD 1118’. The Hiram Key. Knight and Lomas (1996). There are presently two Rosslyn Templars investigating this intriguing notion and once their research is complete their results shall be posted elsewhere in this site.